Friday, April 5, 2019

New Reykavik Oil Painting by Contemporary Impressionist Niki Gulley

9" x 12" textured oil painting by Niki Gulley
Reykavik, Iceland

My husband and I rounded out our Iceland adventure by finishing in the capitol city of Reykavik. While a lot more peaceful than Dallas, TX, it was quite a contrast to be in the bustling city after the vast peacefulness of the countryside. One of the things I liked about Reykavik was how colorful the buildings were painted and how much that brightened up a grey day. Setting out to capture those fun colors and the energy of the city, I chose to paint this overview of town with main street leading your eye all the way down to the harbor. Created with palette knife and a lot of paint, I wanted to leave this painting fairly loose to add to that lively feeling and energetic vibe I felt in Reykavik.

To see more of my travel location paintings, visit nikigulley.com.


***

If you're interested in joining us in 2020 on our Plein Air Painting and Photography Workshop in Iceland or on one of our upcoming Art Treks or Foodie Treks to Scotland, Tuscany or Greece, please let us know. Spaces fill up quickly!


Scotland - Aug. 2019
Foodie Trek - Tuscany - Oct. 2019
Greece - May 2020
Iceland - Sept. 2020


For more information on upcoming Art Treks, please visit http://www.ArtTreks.org.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...