Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Mixed Media Geologic Abstract, "Ancient Mysteries II" © Carol Nelson Fine Art

"Ancient Mysteries II", 30x40 in, by Carol Nelson
Here you can see THE MAGIC OF QUINACRIDONE NICKEL AZO GOLD fluid acrylic. Anyone who knows me knows that Golden's Quin Nickel Azo Gold is my favorite color. Here is an example why.


This painting has been hanging around my studio for 4 years. I originally painted it in shades of pink, mauve, and violet.  I hate pink, but wanted to prove that I could do it. Finally, I said to myself, Screw it. I'm going to give it the magic makeover.

I painted over most of the surface with Quin Gold (watered down a bit to add just a glaze of color).
I also added a little more light yellow-green, as seen near the center, and some more contour lines.

The new version is a palette I'm so much more comfortable with.  Now I won't cringe every time I look at this piece.

 30"x40x1.5" Mixed Media on Canvas/Available

 Click HERE  for purchase info.

 View more of my work at http://carolnelsonfineart.com

 Learn about my special Canvas Minis HERE

 Sign up for my quarterly newsletter HERE

 View my WORKSHOP SCHEDULE  Here

 View my available BOOKS Here 

======================================
Check out my video...

"New Approaches to Mixed Media Materials,"

Now Available on DVD as well as Live Stream!!

Click HERE for details!






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...