Thursday, April 9, 2020

"Purple Shadows" by Palette Knife Artist Niki Gulley

"Purple Shadows" ©2020 Niki Gulley
Willow City Loop - 9" x 12" textured oil painting

I decided I wanted to paint the tranquil river again, so I returned to the Willow City Loop in Fredericksburg, TX one last day, . This time, I arrived earlier so I could capture the light before the shadows took over the scene and I wanted to have more fun with the texture. Working thick with palette knife and thick paint, I changed the composition and pulled the river over to the left side of the canvas creating more of a contemporary feel. Keeping my strokes loose, also add to the energy and abstraction of the scene. Full of joy, serenity and color,I hope you enjoy this cool peaceful place as much as I did.

To see more of my palette knife contemporary landscape paintings, visit nikigulley.com.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...